HOW TO WITHDRAW (Stop Taking Lessons)
PLEASE READ FIRST TO STOP TUITION CHARGES
We are sorry to hear that you would like to stop taking lessons. Life gets busy and we understand that. We want you to know all of your options so that you can decide whether withdrawing is the best option for you at this time.
IF YOU ARE HAVING SCHEDULE CONFLICTS AND YOUR LESSON TIME IS NOT WORKING FOR YOU, WE CAN CHANGE YOUR LESSON TIME GOING FORWARD.
Just email us at: email@example.com or call us at 704-299-9161 and we will work with you to find a new lesson time going forward!
IF YOU OR YOUR CHILD ARE LOSING INTEREST OR NOT PRACTICING, PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS NORMAL AND IT DOES NOT MEAN YOU SHOULD WITHDRAW.
UPS AND DOWNS ARE NORMAL:
- One of the main reasons students quit music lessons (or their parents let them) is because they don’t recognize that there will be ups and downs in enthusiasm, commitment, and rate of learning. Keep at it over the long haul and don’t quit during a down. Progress with music lessons is not linear, and if you stick with it, you will break through the difficulties.
MAYBE YOU NEED A NEW TEACHER:
- Another reason students quit sometimes is because it’s not a good fit with their teacher. Having poor chemistry or lack of understanding with your teacher can drive the joy out of anything, while working with a teacher who is a great fit can be life changing. If you feel this may be impacting your ability to enjoy or make progress with music, get in touch with us and we’ll help match you up with a different instructor. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 704-299-9161.
DON’T LET YOUR CHILD QUIT BECAUSE THEY DON’T LIKE TO PRACTICE:
- Another common misconception is when students are expected to be motivated and disciplined to go practice on their own. Discipline is learned, not discovered. Nor should the decision whether to take lessons be made by children. Kids are not ready to make smart long term decisions yet. They are very much in the now. No matter how much they enjoy music, there will be a time when they don’t want the work or the responsibility. Most likely, they will regret quitting as an adult.
YOU NEED A CHANGE OF PACE (OR SOME NEW SONGS TO PLAY):
- Perhaps lessons are not enjoyable because you (or your child) are not enjoying the music you/they are playing or the concepts they are learning. One of the greatest benefits of private lessons is the ability to tailor lessons to the students’ unique interests. Let us know if you feel this may be the case, and we will notify your instructor that there needs to be a change! There is so much fun music out there, and we can definitely help you find it. If you have a favorite song, we can find the music for it.
LET’S TRY A DIFFERENT INSTRUMENT
- Have you ever considered trying a different instrument? Playing the right instrument is critical to your enjoyment of music, and it’s a relatively easy change to create a lifelong enjoyable hobby. Get in touch with us and let’s talk about a different instrument that may be a better fit. NC Music Center offers piano, voice, guitar, ukulele,drums, violin, and viola.
IF NONE OF THE ABOVE ADDRESSES YOUR CONCERNS AND YOU WOULD STILL LIKE TO WITHDRAW, PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW.
To end payments and scheduling after the current month, we must receive this form by the 15th of the current month, no exceptions, per our policy (the agreement you signed at your enrollment). Any unused lessons after this form has been submitted will not be refunded back to you.